Thursday, June 12, 2008

Graduation 2008

I remember with fondness the day Zach was born... the way his sister cuddled him as an infant... the intense feeling of pride and awe as this new little boy joined our family. I've had many memories since then of my baby boy growing into a young man. And today he took another memorable step. He graduated from the 8th grade.


And to add to that memory, Zach was honored with the Presidential Education Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence.


Way to go, Zach! Welcome to your High School years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a smart guy you have as a son.

I remember it well, as each of my three children "graduated," from the eighth grade. I was as proud as they were.

Now they are all grown up, and have made me a grand father. (I could have waited longer for that!)

Each of them are very successful in what they do. My oldest son is now a loan officer with Wells Fargo. My middle child is a Lt. Colonial in the Army, and my daughter is a school teacher in McMinnville.

The reason we have such good children, and that we help them learn what is right and wrong. We taught them about intregity. We showed them by example, and now they are passing it on to my grand children.

A father couldn't ask for more in life than to have their children be Christians, and have them pass it one to their children. That means a job well done.

Doug